There’s truly nothing better than throwing on a good pair of your favorite cowboy boots from Sheplers and watching a good ol’ fashioned country rodeo. When is rodeo season, anyway? Lucky for you, there are plenty of rodeos throughout the year. Whether you are looking for local rodeos in small towns or some of the biggest rodeos in the US, we have compiled a list of the best rodeos in the USA.
Round up all your young western pals because we have found some fun Wild West activities for kids! Get ready for the best Wild West games and activities for a western-themed party or just a fun day at the ranch. So, throw on their favorite children’s cowboy boots, saddle up all your young cowboys and cowgirls, and let’s get started!
Our Sheplers cowboys can all agree that there is nothing better than farmhouse-inspired recipes. When it comes to homestyle country cooking, we don’t play games, using only the freshest ingredients for that farm-to-table feeling. To help bring the sweet aroma of homestyle cooking to your home, we have asked our cattlemen to share their favorite country dinner ideas for the whole family.
Should all acquaintance be forgot…tip a cowboy hat to Auld Lang Syne. It’s time for some New Year’s Eve celebrations. Take it from Sheplers, your western wear trendsetters, it’s important to start the New Year in style. We’ve rattled through our inventory and picked out a perfect country outfit for New Year’s Eve – for him and her. Saddle up your boots and fire up the fringe as we drop the ball into 2021 wearing starstruck country New Year’s Eve outfits.
Figuring out a theme for your bachelorette party can be a daunting task. You want to make sure everybody feels comfortable so they can let loose. Of course, building your plan around the bride’s personality is a surefire way to create a successful bachelorette party. If the bride is a good ol’ backroad kind of gal, she may really enjoy a western-themed bachelorette party.
With the spring weather just around the corner, it is almost time to break out your best western style clothes. Get ready for a sea of cowboy boots stomping together to the beat and an array of cowboy hats waving in the air. It is time to talk about the biggest country music festivals of 2019 that you will not want to miss.
Moonshine was originally a slang term for distilled spirits of high-proof, usually produced without government authorization. Although moonshine has now been legalized in some areas, it’s still illegal to distill alcohol without having a distilled spirits permit or a federal fuel alcohol permit. The folks back at home love a good ol’ fashion recipe for moonshine, and we’re here to share. Below is a recipe for how to make moonshine from us here at Sheplers, one of the best western stores online. This recipe for moonshine is for informational purposes, and should not be used illegally.
Ingredients and Supplies
- 15-gallon metal pot
- 5-gallon paint bucket
- Pressure cooker
- 2 yards copper tubing
- 10 pounds of cornmeal
- 10 pounds of sugar
- .5 ounce of yeast
- Cheesecloth, or white t-shirt
- Wooden spoon to stir
- Fire extinguisher
- Federal fuel alcohol or distilled spirits permit
How to Make Moonshine Mash
- Boil 10 gallons of water in the 15-gallon metal pot.
- Add the cornmeal to the water and stir it.
- Allow the cornmeal to cook for a few minutes until it thickens into a paste.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Pour the mixture into the 5-gallon paint bucket.
- Add the sugar and yeast into the cornmeal mixture.
- Cover the bucket with the cheesecloth or white t-shirt and place it in a cool, dark place to allow for the fermentation to take place.
- For about 1-2 weeks, the mash will rise higher and higher every day. The mash is ready for the next stage in the recipe for moonshine once it stops bubbling and rising.
How to Distill Moonshine Mash
- Strain the fermented mash through the cheesecloth into a new bucket or pot.
- Pour the strained fermented mash into the pressure cooker and throw away the leftover solid pieces that have been strained out.
- Create a condenser by running the copper tubing from the lid or the pressure cooker to a sink filled with cold water. The tubing in the cold water should be coiled.
- Run the other end of the tube to a clean container on the floor.
- Turn on the stove and allow the ingredients inside warm to no more than 177 degrees Fahrenheit, the boiling point of grain alcohol.
- The liquid dipping to the container on the floor is moonshine!
- You will need to discard the low-boiling liquid leftover, which contains methanol.
- This recipe for moonshine should allow you to collect about 2 gallons of liquid once you’ve transferred them to glass jars.
Completed moonshine is about 190 proof – it’s practically pure grain alcohol. Our men’s western wear professionals suggest making it half strength by mixing it with water. Make sure you clean all your equipment properly one you’re finished.
While learning how to make moonshine it could take a few tries before it’s perfect. There’s flavors, spices, fruits, and other ways to spruce it up. We hope you enjoyed our recipe on how to make moonshine!
Sheplers, one of the best western stores online, has plenty of glassware you can fill with your new scientific creation. Shop Sheplers today.
Visit Historic Trails West in Mills, Wyoming. With these authentic wooden wheeled covered wagons, you can travel in the actual footsteps of the pioneers. The historic wagon treks are perfect for people of all ages. Historic Trails West offers 2 or 4-hour wagon treks, as well as 1, 3, and 5-day historic passes where they travel on the actual Oregon, California, and Pony Express Trails.
Have a Gold Prospecting Adventure in Jamestown, California. For more than 40 years, Gold Prospecting Adventures has hosted many amazing gold mining adventures for people of all ages. The gold mining guides at Gold Prospecting Adventures are dressed in character, which will aid in giving you the best California gold rush you could ever have!
Explore the Grand Canyon in Arizona. If you’re ready to throw on your cowboy boots and western style clothes and feel like a real cowboy or cowgirl, the Grand Canyon is one of the most iconic spots to hike through. Explore gorges, ridges, rock formations, and much more to experience the Wild West.
Learn at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Wyoming. Of the five museums that showcase the American West, the Buffalo Bill Center of the West is the place where you can learn the authentic story of the American West in far more ways than one. If you’ve ever imagined yourself right in the middle of old American West, you’ll find it at the museum.
Feel Like You’re in a Movie at the Goldfield Ghost Town in Arizona. From historic buildings, a shooting gallery, an antique train, goldmines, staged gunfights, and more, you can completely live out your Wild Wild West dream at the Goldfield Ghost Town. Tour the historic Mammoth Gold Mine and visit the Goldfield Museum to experience the Wild West.
Sheplers, your one stop shop for cowboy boots and western style clothes, encourages you to go all out when attempting to live out the experiences of the Wild West. Is the town big enough for the two of us? You betcha.