When you have a ton of different pairs of cowboy boots, it is fun to mix things up! Have you ever thought about spray painted cowboy boots? Here at Sheplers, a store for women’s western wear, we show you how you can spray paint your cowboy boots to turn an old pair into a completely different, new look.
You will need:
A pair of old cowboy boots
Spray paint – you can use any color, but spray painted cowboy boots look great in turquoise, pink, or gray. Use a high-quality spray paint for the best results.
- Stuff some newspaper inside, so you do not accidentally get the inside when you spray paint your cowboy boots.
- Set up newspaper in a square area on the floor for easy clean-up. Make sure you put extra weight on the newspaper so it does not come up from wind or an accidental step-and-slide.
- Wipe down the cowboy boots to make them as clean as possible.
- Hold the can of spray paint about 5 or 6 inches away, at all times of painting, to create the smoothest look. If you get any closer to the boot you may create splotches.
- You may or may not have to spray paint your cowboy boots with more than one coat.
- Allow them to dry overnight.
- Slip into your new cowboy boots!