While getting ready for a get together or in order to throw a party, hosts must be equipped with the best appetizers and most delicious snacks for all of the guests to indulge in. The usual party snacks are chips, pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, cookies, fruit, vegetables with ranch dip, fried foods, and even more. AtSheplers men’s western wear store, we have our own personal favorite dish: cowboy queso dip. We share the recipe of one of our favorite party snacks for you here.
4 slices bacon
1 bunch of chopped green onions
8 oz. ground pork sausage
1 cup medium salsa
1 cup whole milk
16 oz. package American cheese slices, unwrapped and quartered
8 oz. package pepperjack cheese slices, unwrapped and quartered
1 tbsp. chopped pickled jalapeno
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. lemon pepper
½ tsp. ancho chili powder
Tortilla chips and veggies, for dipping
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, cook the bacon over medium-high until crispy.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon from the pan.
- Reserve 2 tbsp. of onions for garnishing, then add the remaining to the bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Cook for 1 minute until softened, then add the sausage.
- Cook the sausage over medium-high heat until no pink remains.
- Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the salsa, milk, cheese, jalapeno, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon pepper, and ancho chili powder.
- Simmer the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until the cheese has completely melted.
- Pour mixture into the slow cooker, and simmer on low for 1-2 hours
- Keep warm.
- Just before serving, add the crumbled bacon back to the dip and stir.
- Sheplers men’s western wear suggests reserving 2 tbsp. of bacon for garnishing.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and green onion.
- Serve the delicious queso dip.
Sheplers men’s western wear store hopes you love this wonderful recipe and make it for all of your parties in the future!