There are plenty of different ways to make pulled pork with BBQ sauce, but have you made them the Sheplers’ way? You can get the Southern comfort food right at home with this BBQ pulled pork slider recipe from Sheplers, your one stop shop for women and men’s western wear apparel.
Ingredients for Sheplers’ Pulled Pork Sliders:
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground oregano
4 tablespoons smoked paprika
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 bone-in pork roast, 6-8 lbs.
1 cup IPA beer
How to Prepare Pulled Pork:
- Mix all the spices in a small bowl.
- Lay the pork on a large piece of plastic wrap (enough to close the pork in) and massage to rub the spices into the meat. Cover all sides of the pork.
- Seal the pork inside the plastic with two layers and refrigerate for 3+ hours, but no longer than 72 hours.
- Remove the roast from the plastic wrap and place in the slow cooker. Add the cup of beer and cover.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or until the pork is cooked through and pulls apart evenly.
- Throw away the cooking liquid.
- Let the pork rest until you can tear it into thin shreds.
- Toss the pork in BBQ sauce and serve on buns with coleslaw for your country western BBQ!
Ingredients to Make BBQ Sauce:
1 tablespoon oil
½ medium onion, minced
2 minced garlic cloves
½ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup ketchup
How to Prepare the BBQ Sauce:
- Heat oil in sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add minced onion and garlic.
- Sauté the vegetables until softened; this usually takes about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in all the ingredients EXCEPT the ketchup.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and add the ketchup.
- Cook and stir occasionally until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Mix the BBQ sauce with your pulled pork and serve!
- Sheplers men’s western wear says enjoy your country western BBQ!
For more western wear trends for men and women, tips for wearing cowboy hats and boots, taking care of your wester apparel, country concert apparel, or southern home cooking tips like this one, check out the Sheplers Stampede Blog!